We’re getting CLOSER! The interior painting is finished and all of the flooring is down, the hearth has been tiled and the wall behind the wood stove has the shake up and it’s all painted. The front porch and screened porch cement has been poured and it’s walkable. Once that was done they were able to finish the Hardie siding on that area of the house. And the butler’s pantry cabinets are up as are the laundry cabinets. Yay! So that leaves:
- The finish work for the electrician (tying into the breaker box, hooking up the outlets and switches, and installing the lighting and fans;
- The finish work for the plumber (connecting to the well, the septic and plumbing/installing the sinks, toilets, dishwasher, and the hot water heater);
- The connecting of the gas backup on the HVAC and the tankless hot water heater to the LP tank outside (There’s a LONG story on this that I may write about later.);
- Framing and screening the screened porch;
- Building the front steps;
- Installing all of the door knobs and locks;
- Getting the appliances in and installed;
- Hanging the mirrors, and other bathroom accessories;
- Installing the closet shelves and clothing hangers;
- Building the pantry shelves;
- Installing the solar shades;
- Getting the final driveway installed (We have a rough one in but it needs finishing.).
Below are some pictures of the progress on the stove/heart/wall area. The remaining item to be completed is the trim around the edge of the heart. We’ll be staining it with Minwax Penetrating Stain in their Weathered Oak color.
The kitchen cafe doors and ship lap went up this week. The hardware was installed on everything except doors that have replacements coming. Unfortunately shipping can take such a toll on some things and our cabinet doors was one of them. And the crowning touch for the end of 2018 – the appliances are being delivered on New Year’s Eve. I’m SO excited!